Mike,

This should be interesting since the "FR" in FR stands for "Flame Retardent".
Bromide compounds are the flame retardents. Let's see if anyone has
developed a halogen-free FR material.

David A. Douthit
Manager
LoCan LLC

"Mcmaster, Michael" wrote:

I'm hoping that there are at least a few laminate manufacturers among the 800 or so remaining subscribers.

I'm looking for a no- or controlled-flow prepreg that will qualify as halogen-free.  Preferably FR4-type but I'll consider other materials.  If anyone has any recommendations I'd like to hear about it.  Feel free to contact me off-line if you're a material supplier and fear recriminations for being too capitalistic ;-).

Mike McMaster
RF Product Engineer
Merix Corporation
503-992-4263