 -----Original Message-----
From: Dale Ritzen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Hi Carl,
Just exactly what does this "claw" look like? We are having similar problems with depaneling completed assemblies and need a good way to get them apart without applying too much pressure by breaking them away from each other. We are damaging small SMT caps and resistors that lie near the board edge. MUCH rework!

The first impression I got when I read your message below is that it may look like a Bottle cap opener. Is this the case? I know you said it's good for low volume separation so we may not be able to use it. We would use it pretty heavily on a daily basis. Any further info you could provide would be great, like a picture maybe? I have been on the Hepco web site and only find a motorized depanelizing machine ("the Model 1200-1"). Doesn't look like what you have...

Thanks,