Don't miss this event!

MEETING OF THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER
OF THE IPC DESIGNERS COUNCIL

Date: Tuesday, the 11th of February, 2003
Where: Tech Circuits, Inc. Wallingford, CT.

Time: Networking 6:00pm, 6:30pm Dinner

Topic: On-Site CAM workshop

The project is behind schedule and you rush your design data out to the PCB manufacturer with little or no time to spare. Suddenly, you receive a phone call indicating that there are problems with the data. You think that it would be great if it were corruption during data transfer because you can resend the data. But as luck would have it, the problem seems to be in your design. "Oh, how I wish I ran that last DRC", you say. But wait! "Maybe the CAM engineer can make this little fix" you ask, only to find out that there is no quick fix in sight.

Does this sound familiar? Well, it should because it happens every day. This month we will be visiting the CAM engineering department of Tech Circuits, Inc. in Wallingford, CT. to see how our data flows through the CAM process. We have asked them to demonstrate what alarms go off when they receive badly designed board data and what it takes to move the product on it's merry way. We will track these error saturated boards from input through DRC analysis and finally through the resolvement process. Come and see what happens to your data and what you may be able to do to reduce unforeseen manufacturing hang-ups.

Speakers: CAM Engineering Department

Host: Our host for this very informative session will be Tech Circuits, Inc., Wallingford, CT. Tech Circuits is a Manufacturer of high quality Multilayer, Double-Sided, and Single Sided printed circuit boards specializing in prototype and pre-production delivery cycles. They utilize the latest technologies available for the production of multilayer boards to 20 layers and PCMCIA cards to Backplane Constructions. Their products adhere to IPC Standards, ISO Quality Systems and UL Certifications.

Please contact Vin Stabile at [log in to unmask] or at MPI at 203-881-1688 ext 316 with your RSVP. I need to have a head count by 3:00 PM Monday 2/10/03 to give to Tech Circuits.

Directions to Tech Circuits:

Interstate 91 north & south:

Take exit 13. At the end of the ramp at the traffic light, take a right turn onto Rte. 5 north. At the fourth traffic light take a left onto Ward St. (a Mobil station will be on the right side and a dairy queen will be on your left ). At the third traffic light take a left into Silversmith Park . Go to the back of the building complex . Tech is building # 25.
Merritt/ Wilbur Cross Parkway /Rte. 15 north: (cars only)
Take exit 64. At the end of the ramp take right turn onto Quinnipiac St. At the second traffic light take a right turn into silversmith park. Go around to the back of the building complex.  Tech is building # 25.

Interstate 84 west or east:

Take exit 27 to Rte. 691 connector. Take exit 10 and follow ramp Rte.15 south. Take exit 64. At the end of ramp, take a right onto Quinnipiac Street. Go under the overpass and through the traffic light. At the second traffic light turn right into silversmith park. Go around to the back of the building to building number # 25.

Interstate 95 north:
(from Port Jeff ferry)

Go to I-91. Follow directions for interstate 91 north .or interstate 95 north to exit 38 (connector to Wilbur Cross Parkway) follow directions for Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway/ Rte 15 north .

If you get lost call (203) 269-3311 for assistance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DesignerCouncil Mail List provided as a free service by IPC using LISTSERV 1.8d To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with following text in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF DesignerCouncil. To set a vacation stop for delivery of DesignerCouncil send: SET DesignerCouncil NOMAIL Search previous postings at: www.ipc.org > On-Line Resources & Databases > E-mail Archives Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-509-9700 ext.5315 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------