Hi Henry!

We had a 265, and we now have a 288. I've had to use apertures more times than I can count, and they work fine. Only thing is you'll need to make sure that the underside of the stencil stays clean, there is a point when the camera won't recognize the shape because of paste bleed-through.

Also try to use a square pad from a capacitor or resistor that is out by itself somewhere on the board, because SOIC pads, or chips that are right next to each other will confuse the camera, it might pick-up the shape of the aperture next to the one you programmed...and that ain't good.

-Steve Gregory-

Has anybody out there had any experience in using apetures as fiducials on your dek 265?

We have a project that involves some very old small stencils.  They fit in the adapter and we have squeegies that fit, but they don't have fiducials.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------- Technet Mail List provided as a free service by IPC using LISTSERV 1.8e To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with following text in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Technet To temporarily halt or (re-start) delivery of Technet send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet NOMAIL or (MAIL) To receive ONE mailing per day of all the posts: send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet Digest Search the archives of previous posts at: http://listserv.ipc.org/archives Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-509-9700 ext.5315 -----------------------------------------------------