Hi Steve,

There are numerous exemptions to lead-free and military electronics are among them.

I suspect that they are looking because they must keep up appearances for those customers that still believe that lead-free is environmentally responsible (which we now know it is not).

Once the customers become informed of the real facts, the questions begin to come rather rapidly and indignation follows shortly thereafter. Education and truth are still powerful forces.

Based on all of the private communications I have had from folks around the globe it seems that the cracks in the lead-free effort (at the grass roots level at least) are not just in the lead-free solder joints ;-)   My crystal ball does not work all that well but we shall all see what comes over the next months and few years.

I can find many who will disagree with me and I may be wrong, but personally I believe that the politicians will eventually be backtracking to save face when their error keeps returning to haunt them.

Best regards,
Joe
--------------------------------------------------- Technet Mail List provided as a free service by IPC using LISTSERV 1.8e To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with following text in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Technet To temporarily halt or (re-start) delivery of Technet send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet NOMAIL or (MAIL) To receive ONE mailing per day of all the posts: send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet Digest Search the archives of previous posts at: http://listserv.ipc.org/archives Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-509-9700 ext.5315 -----------------------------------------------------