-----Original Message-----
From: Morse, Carrie
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 12:53 PM
To: TechNet E-Mail Forum.
Subject: RE: [TN] XRAY BGA

Xray will probably not tell you if you have an open, but, it will tell you if you induced any shorts during rework.  I would definitely Xray just to make sure of that.

In terms of shorts, an Ersa or Metal, or similar type of equipment will give an indication of what your joints look like.  A 5-DX or similar may show an open.

Test is the ultimate indicator.

-Carrie