What kind of ESD control do you have with a "cordless" solder iron?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tostevin, Bruce [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 12:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TN] Cordless Soldering Irons

Bob,

Have you looked at WAHL?  They have a line of battery powered irons.  I used
one a lot many years ago and thought that it did a decent job.  That being
said, I was not using it on smt boards, and their tip selection was limited.
However, the tip temperature is probably more controlled than your butane
unit.

Bruce Tostevin
Benchmark Electronics
Hudson, NH.