In a message dated 10/29/2002 3:36:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Appeals to ignore lead-free solder based on the lack of scientific merit
> have gone unheard, so the recycling angle has become a last ditch effort to
> de-rail the lead-free movement.

Hi Ryan,

You have made some very valid comments.  However, regarding the last point
above, I would note that the champions of lead-free that are also espoused
champions of recycling according to their roadmaps and PR. What absolutely
does not make sense is to mandate lead-free in front of mandating recycling.
This is the absurdity of the present thinking as it makes the matter of lead
in solder a moot point. Ultimately If one must recycle then recycling lower
melting temperature binary alloys is likely to be easier and more cost
effective than recycling higher temperature ternary or quaternary alloys.

Kind regards,
Joe