Here's many links that talk about solderless press-fit connectors, and
there's hundreds more. I try to stay current as I can about things, so that's
why I've always thought that soldering press-fit connectors was not needed.

Hate to say it, but this time I think that IPC specifications hasn't stayed
current with the latest technology...

http://www.ept.de/englisch/pressfit_technology/overview.htm
http://www.industrialtechnology.co.uk/2000/mar/cambridge.html
http://www.controlled.com/pc104/eptup1.html

http://www.cinch.com/products/rf_products/bnc.html
(nickel plated, how will you solder to this?)

http://www.fct-electronic.de/neu/hofleeie.htm
(They state that wave or dip soldering is not possible)

http://www.amphenol-aerospace.com/viewer1.asp?target="_blank"
(Mil-spec, Aerospace, solderless connectors? OH MY!!!)

http://www.tycoelectronics.com/tech_data/leadfree_press-in_customer_report0720

02.pdf
(Here's a paper talking about the effects of lead-free finishes in regards to
press-fit solderless connections...it also talks about the fact that
solderless press fit connections have been well established.)

-Steve Gregory-