Ted:

If my understanding of the situation is correct, you should find no
literature on intermetallic formation with fused, or reflowed tin/lead,
because it virtually does not happen.  The intermetallic happens only with
Tin and Copper, not with lead and Copper, and since the Tin/Lead is largely
Lead, it may happen at the surface, but essentially stop.

This is why we loved Tin/Lead as a finish for so long...the only problem with
it being that it is usually not flat enough....and not contains LEAD....which
of course, will pollute the earth...from which we have so recently removed
it...

I suspect that you might have some issues with surface oxidation, which
should be able to be dealt with by an aggressive flux, but intermetallic
should not be an issue.

Rudy Sedlak
RD Chemical Company