Hi Brian,

If not methanol, then perhaps ethanol  (which can be found in abundance in
first class) ... ;-)

While I appreciate your concerns, you and I have both been around long enough
to recall that for many years folks used to carry cigarette lighters on board
aircraft (both Zippo lighters filled with cotton batting and lighter fluid
and the butane type) without significant incident (at least to my limited
knowledge). We both know also that those days are gone now forever.

I suspect that the developers, even in their enthusiasm, are at least
somewhat sensitive to the concerns you have. As always there are risk and
benefit that must be balanced. Considering both point and counterpoint, as
you and others here do so well, is key to coming to good solutions.

Very best regards,
Joe