Hello Ken,

I understand your frustration. I would add that it sounds like you've got just the right kind of attitude to help shake things up a bit. We need folks with no fear to help shake us from our complacency. And bringing in the customer view point is vital.

I made the fortunate "mistake" of speaking up at an IPC activity like you some 20 plus years ago (after serving the in the industry about the same amount of time as you have now) and got heavily involved in IPC activities. It is a "mistake" that I would gladly make over and over.

Relative to your quest, I believe that your timing is near perfect. There is now a nascent, quasi grassroots effort to get the US PCB industry back on the tracks and headed in the right direction relative to its design and manufacturing practices and to make it right the customer must be involved (IMHO)

It will not be easy and it won't be fast. It will likely involve some commitment to the cause (which it seems you are ready to do). Some might suggest it would be better to be committed than to take on such a huge task ;-) but I think that most folks discount such attitude, recalling, perhaps, the aphorism "Critics are simply failed actors"

If you are interested, let me know off line and we can discuss it further.

Kind regards,
Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Technet Mail List provided as a free service by IPC using LISTSERV 1.8e To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with following text in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Technet To temporarily halt or (re-start) delivery of Technet send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet NOMAIL or (MAIL) To receive ONE mailing per day of all the posts: send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet Digest Search the archives of previous posts at: http://listserv.ipc.org/archives Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-509-9700 ext.5315 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------