Can anyone help me with an interpretation issue that we have going on. In IPC-A-600F section 2.3.4 it states that if the particle is closer than .004921 to the nearest conductive pattern then it is nonconforming. Does this mean in the same plane as the foreign inclusion, or any visible conductive pattern? If the foreign inclusion is not closer that .004921 to the hole wall that is in the same plane, but is closer than.004921 to the surface pad which is not in the same plane, which is the actual criteria? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J.R. Rackard
AIT/Atlanta