Buried or embedded resistors and capacitors have been shown on Roadmaps for many years, but the technology has not been user friendly for board fabrication.
    I am aware of the current work being done by the NCMS, but what is not apparent is who would use these technologies in their designs, what are the tolerances required, and how much are the CEMs/ OEMs prepared to pay the board fabs for this technology (I'm afraid the saving they make on size and component purchase, inventory and placement will be offset by an increase in PRICE of the raw card  - it's called added value).
    Can anyone help me on this ?

Dougal Stewart

email:  [log in to unmask]
phone: +44 1896 822204