Hi Graham!

Why not just have him wear his spurs and attach a peice of conductive ribbon to that? That way he can go for the full effect!   :^)

Seriously, there is 3M Toe grounding straps that have a conductive ribbon that's 24-inches long...that should work huh?

People might start calling him sissy though...they're made for womens high heels.

-Steve Gregory-

3M™ 2053 Toe Grounding Assembly with a 1 megohm resistor

3M™ 2053 Toe Grounding Assembly is designed for use with high-heeled shoes to ground personnel when they are in contact with conductive/dissipative flooring.

GTIN(UPC/EAN) : 0 00 54007 49153 8
3M Id : 98-0798-2084-5

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Designed for use with high-heeled shoes, the 3M 2053 Toe Grounding Assembly grounds personnel when they are in contact with conductive/dissipative flooring. A comfortable elastic ankle strap and 610mm long conductive ribbon for insertion into the shoe complete the ground path to the operator. To be effective, the shoe grounders must be worn on both feet.

Good day TechNet!
A simple but important to me question for any southern Technetters:  Is there such as thing as a strap-on ESD heel strap that will work with cowboy boots?

No, I am not kidding.  Seriously.  We have an operator who has back problems that "go away" if the boots are worn.  Not going to argue the point, I just would like said operator properly gounded... then we can all be happy.

We use the standard strap on heel straps on our grounded floor, but they are obviously not designed for a high cut boot.

regards

Graham Collins
Process Engineer,
Northrop Grumman
Atlantic Facility of Litton Systems Canada
(902) 873-2000 ext 6215