Due to switch contact wiping, the thin ENIG gold will wear off the PWB depending on what the life of your product is.  You should run a life test, do pre/post electricals (make sure you check contact bounce) and pull the switches apart for examination at the end of the test.  Typical switch domes ride on 4 corners so have "redundancy" built into them.  After a typical "1 million" actuation life your domes will be riding on the nickel since all the gold will be wiped off.

My experience with ENIG PWBs/PWAs is that the gold is not sufficient to protect the nickel from corroding during a cycled humidity test.  I've seen gold flake off PWBs due to corrosion cells forming underneath the gold.

Best regards,
Gregg