DC members,
I have note on my assemblies to trim excess pin length. I am wondering if there is a standards or spec on finished
products (assemblies) that outlines this topic? I don't believe it is covered in the J standard.

I have the documentation (IPC-D-325A) for PCB assemblies and support drawings.
There has been something that I think needs addressed on the PCB assembly section; Wires and their connection.
Here are the topics of concern;
Where a wire is connected to a PCB, should it always be noted and what is an appropriate Ref Desg?
What sort of wiring table or wire list should be used to display the connections between a pcb and a connector
or something else? (Granted the opposite connection may be in a higher level drawing, but not the board connection)
Notes concerning tinning and soldering discrete wire.

This may not be the appropriate place to document this, but is just one of may assembly issues I come across.
We have (employer) our own way of doing things with no problem, but I like documentation supporting my work.
(For ISO reasons also)

Chris Robertson

Senior PCB Designer
Lockheed-Martin Services Inc.