RE: [TN] FPBGA Area Ratio QuestionHi Alejandro,

Thanks for the reply. In your calculation it looks like you used the area of
the stencil aperture as the numerator. However, the formula in the IPC
document uses the area of the pad (land) as the numerator. That is how I
came up with my numbers. For example:

1. Square aperture of .013" with .005" thick stencil plate: Area of .014"
diameter pad = .000154
                                                           Area of walls =
.00026

Area ratio = .000154/.00026 = .592

2. Square aperture of .012" with .005" thick stencil plate: Area of .014"
diameter pad = .000154

Area of walls = .00024

Area ratio = .000154/.00024 = .642

Should the formula really use the aperture area instead of the pad area?

Thanks.
Bob

Robert Barr
Manufacturing Engineering