  From: TechNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Pelkey, Glenn
  Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 12:14 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: [TN] Board defect? Purple spot

  Hi all,

          We just spotted a new board level defect, or is it?  It is a
small, about 25 mil diameter circle that is bright purple in color.  We dug
one out and found it goes all the way through the board.  Definitely no
glass fiber in this spot, and it shows some peeling on the edge where it
meets the top of the soldermask.

          So, we have our guess at what it is, but have any of you seen this
before?

  Thanks in advance for any input.

  Glenn