Our rule of thumb is that if a board is touched with a soldering iron--for rework purposes--after test, it would be required to re-test the board. We feel that the inability to visualy determine if the rework caused internal damage warrants this practice.
-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Davies [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 3:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Question on Rework

Good Morning All:
A couple of questions if you please.
Is it an accepted industry standard to electrical bareboard test PCB's which have been dis-assemble/reworked?
Are results realiable after de-soldering and looks like damage to component holes?
What damage can occure through removing components and the realiabily of plating and electrical connections throughout the board?
Thanks in Advance
Frank