Fellow TNers,

Wanted to see if any one else has experienced this.
We are using a 1uF X7R 1206 of this particular cap and using the recommended reflow profile for the solder paste. The test is to ground one end of the cap and measure the noise level from the other end through a 330kohm impedance circuit. What we have seen is that after the PCB is reflowed and tested, the noise level is at some specific amplitude. We can then re-solder the cap by hand and the noise level will drop an order of magnitude. The reflow soldering appears to be good - nice fillet, wetting, structurally sound. We were speculating if perhaps the termination ends of the cap were disconnecting internally during the reflow (CTE problems) and that the hand soldering is somehow connecting it back. I have noticed that the recommended reflow profile of the cap specifies a much shorter liquidous time than what the paste profile requires. This could also be the problem. I have not yet been able to speak with the component manufacture to get ! their opinion.
Sorry for the lengthy message and thanks for your feedback,
Danny