Hi Ken,

I just had a 472 repaired. You'll need to send the unit to:

American Hakko Products, Inc.
28920 N. Avenue Williams
Valencia, CA., 91355
Phone:  (661) 294-0090
Fax:  (661) 294-0096
Toll-Free:  1-800-88-HAKKO (42556)

But before you ship it to them, you will need to get a RMA number from them:

Returns & Repairs
Should you need to return your product to American Hakko for service or repair, please contact our customer service department at 1-800-88-HAKKO (42556) for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Number prior to shipping.

Typical turn around time is approximately three(3) working days from the day we receive your unit.

-Steve Gregory-

Does anybody repair the HAKKO 472 desolder iron in San Jose Bay area? We
are located in menlo Park.

re,
ken patel