I have seen 3-5 mils with our boards. Nothing more. What material are they using for the stencil and the board?
-----Original Message-----
From: tony steinke [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 1:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] solder paste registration

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are having a major problem with an assembly house with registering
the solder paste to surface mount features prior to pick and place. They
are claiming that the boards are growing/shrinking some 15-20 mils.
We have done extensive measuring on unpopulated boards in-house
and cannot see more than 3-5 mils misregistration. The panel size
is approximately 14.00 x 16.00 inches, 20-24 mil pitch, and 15 BGA's
throughout the panel. Overall thickness .080. Is it possible that the mesh
screen that they are using can expand/contract over time? has anyone
heard of this experienced this situation before. Any information would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony Steinke
AIT-Atlanta