Hey Frank,

We're talking electrolytic and not electroless right?

Dendrites on the panel edges sound like copper burning but your folks have
to know about that.  Sounds like a random, process related cause.  When are
adds made?  How often do you carbon treat?  Do you use plating bags (where
could the fibers be coming from)?

We had a new plating operator take it upon himself to "clean" plating bars
with the old circulation filter once a week.  We'd turn the agitation off
and you'd see these white fuzzies floating in the tanks but I'd never heard
of any getting plated.  I've also heard of metal tools getting "lost" in the
bottom of a tank and that contributing to weird plating but it showed on
every batch.

Hans

AC-130 Gunship Motto: "You can run but you'll only die tired."
Hans M. Hinners
Electronics Engineer
Warner Robins - Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC/LUGE)
226 Cochran Street
Robins AFB GA 31098-1622

mailto:[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Com: (478) 926 - 5224
Fax:   (478) 926 - 4911