From: TechNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Dan R. Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 4:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Safe processing window

A couple of questions for what has become my best engineering resource.

Management has asked me to provide a re-flow profile for our product, a surface mount component built on FR-4 with lead free solder. I am reluctant, I would prefer to generate a "safe processing window" type document. As manufacturing professionals what do you prefer?

The window would spec ; max 2  C /sec ramp up, max 60 sec dwell above 180 C, max 220 C peak, and a 2 C/sec max ramp down. Could you live with this?

Many thanks for your help,
Dan