Just wondering, why there's 3-different packages for this part? Does the heat slug REALLY make a difference? Looks like there's one package that will fit the footprint that doesn't have the heat slug...the other package is a 1.27mm pitch part.

One other question that I'll throw-out there, is why in the hell do companies like Texas Instruments put components on the market that can't be assembled with standard processes?

This kinda stuff really sucks!

-Steve Gregory-

Oh uh, yes, me out of cave. Very bright out here. Smells better too.

Werner, now we're getting somewhere. You are my consultant and I owe you big
time. Check coming by big bird with no feathers.

I still need to know if the die attach is via soldering process and bumps on
flip side while using underfill - and lots of it too. Must be that.

This sure doesn't look good to me as a simple knife wielding FA guy. Now I
have to get that damn chip of that little board without loosing a finger.
Also need a dremmel to do x-section. Hell, I could send it to Robisan.
Susan, you ready for this and how about my photomicrographs?

MoonCaveMan