Hi Rick!

We've got a board here that has some HUGE caps (3.25" tall. 1.25" diameter) that we stake down to the board and to each other. Go to:

http://www.stevezeva.homestead.com  and look at Big Blue Caps.

We use Dow Corning 732....works great for us.

-Steve Gregory-

We have an application where we need to secure some vertically mounted
radial electrolytic caps and a few other higher profile items to make
them resistant to shock, impact and vibration (amusement park
application).  I've contacted Loctite and 3M for recommendations but the
ones I've gotten have several week lead times, minimum buys due to
special order, etc. Since we don't know if the products will work, we
didn't want to buy minimum quantities of materials we can't return.

Does anyone have any recommendations for standard products you may have
used in similar situations?  I realize I can get samples from the mfgs.
Noted but I was hoping to shorten the lead time if I can find off the
shelf products that may do the job.

Thanks for your inputs.

Rick Thompson
Ventura Electronics Assembly