I've used all kinds of different ref. des., such as EL for Ejector Latch, PK for Polarizing Key, HS for Heat Sink, or just plain old HW for HardWare.  I really don't think it matters too much as long as it is somewhat logical and it is understandable.  If you get your message across, then you've done a good job.

David Baldwin CID+

At 09:25 AM 2/21/02 -0600, you wrote:
>To All
>
>I have a  question about what is used as a reference designator for a
>mechanical part that is added to the PCB during the assembly process and
>is not a post soldering process. This part is a mechanical part that is
>soldered to the PCB as a keying feature. Similar to a 7343 part. What do
>you use to denote this part?
>Any input would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>The information contained in this message may be privileged
>and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
>reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
>employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
>the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
>reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
>communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
>this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
>replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
>
>Thank you.
>Tellabs

Baldwin Tech - 1736 S. Nevada Way, Suite B - Mesa, AZ  85204
(480) 539-4400 FAX (480) 539-4500
  http://www.baldwin-tech.com