Hi all,

I've found this thread to be very interesting and informative, but would like to present a "different twist" to the subject:

I have a client using our Reballing system to recondition all sorts of BGA and uBGA for re-use after de-soldering. They are currently using a water soluble paste and cleaning with DI, however the residual absorbed moisture presents a concern, so the devices are baked after cleaning. This increases turnaround time, so they are considering moving to a no-clean process.

My opinion is that there will be residues and they could possibly be incompatible with subsequent platforms utilized by the end user, as well as creating aesthetic impact. Cleaning alternatives for no-clean fluxes rival the more aggressive (therefore more forgiving) water solubles, so the benefit is lost if cleaned.

Any and all opinions, theories, suggestions and experiences are welcomed!

Regards,

Ed Popielarski
QTA Machine
10 Mc Laren, Ste D