Hi Earl,

While I have no argument about termites being here for some time, they have also been kept in check by the balance of nature. I am certain that you realize that termites and methane are not the only subjects discussed at EnviroNet. (The forum was not established just for termites and methane anyway, termites would likely have little interest in the discussions and methane can't read ;-)

The discussions were, however, meant for humans who, as a species, seem to be prone to believe either that we can fully master and control nature or that we are not having any effect or that because we are a product of nature that what ever we do is, de facto, natural including the ultimate consequences whatever they may be.

Your wit, intelligence and experience are a delight to this forum and while they would be welcome in the EnviroNet forum, you are, of course, welcome to opt out and exclude yourself from the discussions and information on the EnviroNet. There are no compulsory forums.

The discussions are, however, wide ranging and most interesting and all welcome to join in and advance their understanding and education on the environment and share their thoughts, experiences and findings.

If we had done something like this earlier such contentious issues as lead-free and halogen-free (which have been asserted to be environmentally friendly without proof) would perhaps not be weighing down the industry at this time.

Kind regards,
Joe