Hi Dave!

Yep sure does, the spots are around where the jumper wires are routed. The
operators who performed the jumper wires said that the spots appeared under
where they had applied the kapton tape before they did any bonding...and I
did just confirm that, there are a couple of boards still WIP that have the
wires attached, the kapton tape still on the wires, and no tak-pak has been
done. Sure enough, there are spots on the mask. What's even more confusing is
that the spots don't appear under every place that there's kapton tape...it's
just random places?!?!

The mask seems to be perfectly intact, I did a tape test on the areas...no
problems.
the thickness is fine, and the surface of the mask is as smooth as the rest
of the board...it's just discolored in those certain areas. There's only a
few boards out of the 20 that we built that have this problem, and they were
all processed exactly the same.

Really baffled by this one...

-Steve Gregory-

Seems to be a sharp correlation between the spots on the mask and the "goop"
holding the jumper wire in place, eh?

Dave Fish