From: Hinners Hans M Civ WRALC/LUGE [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 9:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TN] Staking compounds

Hi All,

This is great information.  I've had an Assembly supplier suggest using an RTV to stake discrete components to FR-4.  Graham confirmed that it wasn't a good combination with a silicone based conformal coating.  (Thanks Graham.)  The last thing I or the customer needs is dewetting of the conformal coating.  My applications are hi-rel military avionics - in a rather harsh environment: high vibration, high humidity and some salt water.

Is there some cutoff point when it's better to go with mechanical staking?  I'm new to staking.

Hans

Integrity First  -  Service Before Self  -  Excellence in All We Do
Hans M. Hinners
Electronics Engineer
Warner Robins - Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC/LUGE)
226 Cochran Street
Robins AFB GA 31098-1622

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Com: (478) 926 - 5224