Laminate with low Tg is generally considered the culprit i.e. 120 degrees C And higher on thicker boards. This problem has generally disappeared with the use of laminate materials
with a 170 or better transition temp.
-----Original Message-----
From: kevinyeah [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 7:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] hole wall pull away and resin recession

Dear all!

I am bothered by the"hole wall pull away" or "resin recession" these days.

 Who would like to tell me something about these defects?

What's the main causes to induce these problem? I think the process of PCB and the resin system of laminate are most probably. Someone told me that Japanese CCL producer add some filling into FR-4 resin system to solve this problem. Is it possible and what's the filling?

As for PCB shop, do you have any concrete standards to check this defect? Please tell me if you have!

Thank you very much up front!

With best regards!

Kevin