Hello Brian,

Thanks for the data and analysis. I am not certain what number Harvey has come up with for energy cost of the lead-free in his report but his overall price tag is in the tens of billions. Monies that could be much better spent learning how to better manage our nest and keep it clean.

The problem with the lead-free effort is that it has been driven by baseless fear. In Europe it appears to have caused a bad case "Chicken Little Syndrome" especially among the politicians. Too bad Monty Python is not still in tact, they would, no doubt, find some excellent material for parody in this fiasco. It would be silly were it not so sad.

I do take heart, however, in Harvey's repeated observation that economics will eventually kick in and corporate heads, when they learn the price relative to the supposed (or should I say virtually nonexistent) benefit, will eventually return to their senses.  This should be especially true in the current economic conditions.

...or will they, like lemmings, simply march mindlessly into the sea?

I saw "On the Beach" (the original 1959 version based on Nevil Shute's book) again recently and am reminded of the final scene with the banner reading something to the effect of: "There is still time, Brother"

Kind regards,
Joe