If some of your users need to view only you can get VoloView from Autodesk.  Another low cost CAD package that is useful is TurboCAD from IMSI ( turbocad.com ).

Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: Genny Gibbard [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: Autocad sharing

Well, I don't know all the details, but unfortunately I'm not sure you'll be able to get the same deal.  We got this 10 user license a few years ago when we went to AutoCad LT 98 and apparently we are not willing to upgrade to a newer version of AutoCad LT because we can't get the same great deal.  And additional seats for the license we have are apparently prohibitively expensive.
But this is all hearsay and internal muttering (notice how often the word 'apparently' appears), so don't quote me...   :-)
Sometimes someone will have two or three copies open (comparing files) so if someone can't get into their drawing they usually email around asking for people to close unneeded copies, and a license usually gets free fairly quickly.
I believe that the license may have come from AutoDesk and they only realized later what they gave us - closing the barn door after the horse is gone.  I think that's the reason for the costly upgrade.