Alejandro,

I can't state chapter and verse of the IPC standard 610, but I remember that it clearly states something to the affect of 'resoldering a joint for the sake of making it look good may cause more damage to the solder joint than leaving it alone.'

Phil Nutting
-----Original Message-----
From: Becerra Alejandro [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 9:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Manual Soldering vs. Automatic Soldering

Hello to All,

One product request a 100% touch up in several joints because of safety.
We are considering doing this process by manual soldering or using automatic soldering (robot).
What are the advantage and disadvantage of both procedures?
Where can I find a comparison between them?
Is there any reliability issue in using manual soldering?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Alejandro Becerra