From: [log in to unmask]>S. Miller
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 10:28 AM
Subject: [TN] Thermount Laminate

Happy Holidays to All,

We have a couple of board designs that have LCCCs (Leadless Ceramic Chip Carriers) and our domestic PCB supplier has recommended that we use a different laminate substrate other than the traditional FR-4 that has a CTE close to the ceramic on the chip.

It has been suggested that they use a laminate called Thermount.

Being on unfamilar ground, I was wondering if any of you could lend assistance by providing:

- Do you we know of any suppliers that currently manufacture PCB's using Thermount?
- What is the price difference between FR4 and Thermount?  (Please advise in percentages)
- Is there a suitable alternative that will work that has similar properties of Thermount?

Any and all feedback would be truly appreciated.

Regards,