Hi Siegmund!

Go to: http://www.national.com/packaging/llp/

and you'll find Application Notes AN-1187 which is all about LLP's. Designing them in assemblies, reflow profiles, and rework procedures. There's even a RealMedia video there that is showing the steps to use when reworking them. They're using a OK Systems (now Metcal) BGA 3000 rework system.

According to National Semiconductor, LLP's are perfect for a wide variety of applications. Such as:

Cell Phones

GPS Receivers
Pagers
PDA’s
Personal stereo / CD
Hard disk drives
Hand held portable devices
Toys
Notebooks

-Steve Gregory-

Hello

We are trying to do a detailed Qualification of an assembly and repair-
process for LLP (and similar)- packages.
Has anybody infomation regarding this subjects.
Will the amount of LLP increase in the future?
How can I get information about this topic?

Best regards

Siegmund Zweigart