Hi Patrick!

Use the same land patterns that apply for chip components that are the same width and length. Don't use those patterns that have the little "U-shaped" cut-out in the center of the patterns...they will cause the the MELF to skew during reflow unless placed PRECISELY!

I don't know where those patterns were created, or why they were, but they don't accomplish what they tried to do...

They still exist out there by the component manufacturers...just two square pads that match the component width and length are fine...they don't need any special pads.

-Steve Gregory-

Hi Technetters,

We are going to use MELF (MMB0207) in our design for the first time. I need some
advice on creating the land pattern.

Thanks,
Patrick