Hi Scott!

This can be kinda' tricky...3M makes carrier tape that can withstand high temperatures but also says that the coverr tape should be of a PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) type. I have heard of baking tape and reel components that have a heat-seal type of cover tape, and having the components sealed in by the tape so securely that they weren't able to be used in the feeder...the cover tape would just keep breaking...

Harris Semiconductor has a *.PDF at:

http://rel.semi.harris.com/docs/rel/tb363_2.pdf

That says to bake moisture sensitive tape and reeled components at 40 C. +5 -0 C. at lower than 5% reletive humidity for at least 192 hours...that's 8-days!

I've never baked tape and reel components, so I can't tell you anything first hand. You may want to consider outsourcing this. There are tape and reel companies that will take them out of their current tape, bake them, and then re-tape them and seal them inside of a moisture proof vacuum sealed bag with dessicant inside.

-Steve Gregory-

Could anyone be so kind to let me know what temperature I can use to bake
components that are in tape and reel.  I don't want to damage  the carrier
and or cover tape.

Scott