Hello Michael,

Yes, this is a solid configuration [blind via 1-4 again 5-8 and through vias 1-8], I have used it in the past although usually with higher layer count subassemblies.  Expensive; moreso with Kevla.  Allowing .007 plus between the subs is important to ensure resin will fill PTH.  The alternative is to prefill with either conductive or non conductive material, I am not a huge advocate of this method.  This is based on sequential lamination laser drilling will result in a large large hole given the aspect ratio of .5/1 to .9/1.  The Kevlar I assume is Thermount and I posted (reply) a long dissertation on that material yesterday, I assume you read it.  The tip of the day is make your layer 1 to layer 8 vias as boring as possible; big pads and nice aspect ratio.  Remember; boring boards are happy boards.  Let me know if you would like more detailed information; I can go on (and on; and on).

Boston Brad
781 858 0783