Mr. Shiau,

With 30 micro inch hard gold over 100 micro inch nickel, you should be able to get 30 -100 insertions. Number of insertions are, however, affected by the contact normal force which may vary significantly. Other factors that also affect insertions are plating porosity, plating adhesion, particulate contamination and contact geometry.

Yu-Hung Shiau wrote:

 Morning guys,
Customer bought our product for testing propose and would like to get a number about the normal allowed insertion times on the gold plating edge connectors. Is there anybody can give me an idea about how many insertion times for a hard-gold-plated edge connector could take before it malfunctions? We have 30 micron" gold through electroplating process over 100 micron" Nickle on all edge connectors in our products.

If possible, could somebody direct me to someplace where I could find relevant articles for my own study purpose. Many many thanks!!
YH Shiau

--
pratap singh