At 12:00 AM 12/17/01 -0600, you wrote:
Date:     Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:00:05 -0600
Sender:   TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
From:     Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  TechNet Digest - 15 Dec 2001 to 16 Dec 2001 (#2001-781)
To:       Recipients of TechNet digests <[log in to unmask]>

Topics of the day:

  1. tin compatalbe etchants (2)
  2. photoplotters

Date:    Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:27:06 -0600
From:    Adam Seychell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: tin compatalbe etchants

What are the known etchants useful for boards made with electroplated tin
etch resists ? We have been using alkaline sulfate based etchant which works
very well, even with a 1 um bright tin plating thickness. Ammonium
persulfate etchant was shown to attack tin.

Also are there any advantages of stripping the tin when no solder mask will
be used ?