Based on the SMART Group On-Line survey on defect monitoring, to date the use of PPM Parts Per Million Monitoring is the most popular method which is well covered in the IPC document see www.smartgroup.org

I have asked the question before but would engineers like to have an average PPM level each month for screen print, component placement, reflow and wave soldering to compare with their own production results. It would have to be based on a known technology but could be valuable as a point of reference for benchmarking. Its a little project we are considering over the UK and would like to know its value to other engineers. I know there are many issues but as long as everyone know what the data is, where it comes in terms of board type NOT COMPANY and how its calculated I think it has a value.

Please let me know your thoughts on the subject.

Bob Willis
Electronic Presentation Services
2 Fourth Avenue
Chelmsford Essex CM1 4HA
England
www.bobwillis.co.uk
Tel: (44) 01245 351502 Fax: (44) 01245 496123

Single solution to your seminar, conference or roadshow www.seminar-registrations.com