  From: Stephen R. Gregory
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 2:12 PM
  Subject: [TN] SSOP to SOIC adaptors...

  Hey All!!

  Getting ready for our first winter blast here in "Okra-homie"...supposed to get sleet, freezing rain, and snow starting tonight and lasting through tomorrow night. Funny thing is, it was in the 70's this past weekend????

  On to my question; looking for a SSOP-to-SOIC adaptor. Trying to build 3-boards that uses three RS-232 Transceivers per board (this is the first build of these boards), and the problem is that these parts are 20-pin SSOP's, but the footprint on the board is standard 20-pin SOIC's. I know that's NEVER happened to any of you before, huh?

  Tried Adapters.Com, and they don't have anything off-the-shelf...they'll make us some, at $80 each, with a two-week turn...no good.

  Aries has one that will work, the SSOP will have some toe overhang, but not real bad. Trying to find stock somewhere...

  Is there anyplace else that I might look in case we can't find stock on the Aries part?

  Thanks a bunch!!!

  -Steve Gregory-