Oven, we don't need no stinkin ovens...

Actually oven size is a strange question...  I think the question is why should I invest into an in-house oven.  The abbreviation of in-house oven represents enormous monies in facilities and personnel not to mention redirection of areas of concentration.  So the decision to create "in-house" SMT is for cost savings? ...or schedule?  There are a great many assembly houses that specialize in doing one thing: assembly.  My circumstances were a bit different in that I was supporting space flight and life dependant/fail safe systems.  Times were different then [2-4 years] if I were to do it over I would go out to an assembly house... although keep on staff the excellent "core" people in assembly.

So how big is my oven, as big as there are choices of suppliers.

Respectfully,
Coretec Brad Saunders