Hi Wes!

All the boards that I've built with BGA devices on them have been .062"...had
one board with MicroBGA on it and it was down around .056". There was someone
on the TechNet a few weeks back talking about BGA on flex (with a stiffener
beneath)...

So no, there really isn't any minimum material thickness requirement that I
know of, it all depends on what your application is going to be.

-Steve Gregory-

Hi,

Is their a minimum required material thickness for PCB's with BGA components
mounted on them?  Our PCB supplier has said that they have not seen PCB's
with BGA's on them with a material thickness of .062.

Wes
Siemens