Hi all!

Rudy, don't feel so bad, I made the same mistake a few years ago, boy was my face red!

Anyways, I'm trying to change to a less expensive Kyzen formula to clean our RMA residues. We use a Alpha 615-25 flux in our wave. We've been using Kyzen Aquanox XJN, and haven't had any problems except for the price, it's gone up to the point that we really need to consider something cheaper. We run it in a Electrovert MCS1000 at the middle of the recommended concentration (25%), with the wash and rinse temperatures at 150 F., the wash cycle is 6-minutes, and the rinse is 4-minutes, with a couple of air knife passes between the wash and rinse cycles, and then another air knife cycle at the end to dry everything off.

We've tried some samples of LONOX 5005 because of it's price, and were told that we can run it at much lower concentrations (10-15%). So we washed some boards,
any got the dreaded white residues. We would have slight residues with the XJN but they really aren't bad, we (our inspectors) could live with them. But what we are seeing after the LONOX wash isn't something that can be tolerated. They are non-ionic by the way, I checked. They can also be removed by brushing them with a Q-tip. Check the pictures out:

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/index.html

Any ideas? Any of you experience this before? I'm gonna call Kyzen, but I thought I'd get all ya'lls opinion too...

Thanks!

-Steve Gregory-