Hi Susan!

I think that information needs to come from the vendor, not all press fit
pins are alike, and what may be fine for a Harting press fit connector, won't
be for something from AMP.

Here's a good link from Harting that talks about the technology behind press
fit terminations, and why solder isn't needed with a properly seated press
fit pin:

http://www.harkis.harting.com/WebHelp/EGds/WebHelp/GBGDSPressin_termination.ht

You might have to make sure that the link is all there if you do a copy and
paste in your browser...or just type everything in with no spaces...

I know Harting doesn't recommend soldering of their press fit connectors...

-Steve Gregory-