Thanks for all your answers.
I found very usefull information.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Crawford [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 1:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TN] THE ANSWER!! Rework Procedures for electronic assemblies.

7711 - Rework of Electronic Assemblies
Covers procedures for reworking electronic assemblies, either as part of the
manufacturing process or after the assemblies have been in the field.
Describes the procedural requirements, tools, materials and methods to be
used in removing and replacing conformal coatings, surface mount and
through-hole components. Supersedes IPC-R-700C. 184 pages. Released February
1998.

7721 - Repair and Modification of Printed Boards and Electronic Assemblies
Covers procedures for modifying, reworking and repairing printed boards and
printed board assemblies. Prescribes the procedural requirements as well as
tools, materials and methods to be used in removing and replacing conformal
coatings and solder resist material. Also covers repair and modification of
printed board conductors, laminates and plated-through holes. Supersedes
IPC-R-700C. 156 pages. Released February 1998.

Purchase the IPC-7711/7721 series and save 20% over individual document
prices.

www.ipc.org/bookstore <http://www.ipc.org/bookstore>

Jack

APEX - the industry's premier trade show in Electronics
Manufacturing, January 22-24, 2002, San Diego, California.
More information on website www.goapex.org <http://www.goapex.org>
--------
Jack Crawford, IPC Director of Assembly Standards and Technology
2215 Sanders Road, Northbrook IL  60062-6135
847-790-5393
fax 847-504-2393

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/25/01 02:45PM >>>

Hello to All,

We found that our prominent contributor to scrap boards is the incorrect
rework.
Where can I find information about the recommended practices for the rework?

The major problem is in components with 20 and 25 mil of pitch and with
though hole connectors.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Alejandro Becerra